(25) June, 2014, the first flight of Boeing 787-9 is successfully done in the United States. Xiao thought they will use it well after they get the planes in the near future.
(24) Rolls-Royce CEO John Rishton made a speech in the forum, said that we will continue to improve product performance, efficiency and technology, continue to lead the industry in the future.
(23) Rolls Royce improved their bushiness well in China, and 3 years after the big contract, Xiao was invited to a "Changing World source of power --50 anniversary for China" Innovation Forum*, which is hold by Rolls Royce in Beijing. *Source: http://news.carnoc.com/list/259/259587.html
(21) Before Air China made their final decision, Rolls-Royce announced a deal with China Eastern Airlines worth $1.2 billion in November, 2010.
(22) And a few days later, Air China announced they would use Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 as the new 20 Boeing 787-9 engine. Xiao noticed that Rolls Royce Aircraft Engine won a contract of $1.8 billion.
(20) After the trip, the team completed an evaluation report, including the specifications, purchasing and maintenance cost, and market share of the two engines, and suggested the company should choose Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 for reliability and cost savings.
(19) They were invited to visit the testing process, and be impressed by powerful aircraft engine's performance. They also had been told that Rolls Royce Aircraft spent 1.2 billion pounds every year on R&D to keep the leading position of technology.
(18) One day in 2010, Rolls-Royce invited the team to visit their head office, which is located in the south of Derby. They thought this might be a good chance to know the company and went to England.
(17) Xiao did a marketing research, and found Rolls-Royce Aircraft engine have the biggest share in Asia, he thought they may can save maintenance cost if they choose Rolls-Royce Trent 1000.
(16) Some team members said they should go for Trent 1000, because a new architecture and a lot of new technologies is adopt on the engine, and the most important thing is the Trent 1000 has a higher efficiency, which means saving cost.