The Light Tank Mk III: The Mark III light tank suspension was made out of Horstmann coil spring resting on bogies with two rubber-lined wheel sets per bogie. This design, invented by Sidney Horstmann and exclusively used on lightweight vehicles, was also used up to the Light Tank Mk VI of the British Army. Apart from being relatively easy to built, compact and lightweight, it had the advantage of having a long travel, and of being easy to replace when damaged in the field.
Crew member of a Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf. C having a nap close to his heavily camouflaged half-track, Sept. '41.
In 1934 Rock Island Arsenal began building a series of Track-or-Wheel convertible vehicles using light and medium tank chassis. The T4E1 (July 1934) was the first modification of the T4 prototype with different sponson boxes, squared hatches and a completely new turret. The tank was armed with one 50cal and five 30 cal machine guns.
Polish Carden-Loyd Mk. VI (with a machine gun removed).