Cross 1610-1620 One of the oldest pieces in this Museum’s jewellery collection dates from the period in which the use of large pectoral crosses waned, in fashion in the 16th century. The glass gemstones imitate the Colombian emeralds of the richest crosses.
Gold, silver, and diamond brooch, set with an octagonal sapphire engraved with the arms of Johann Hugo von Orsbeck (1634-1711), appointed Archbishop Prince Elector of Trier, 13 July, and Bishop of Speyer, 16 July 1676, Abbot of Prum and Provost of Weissenburg. Now framed within a foliate border. German. Sapphire intaglio: 17th century. Setting: 19th century. Click for source and additional commentary by Diana Scarisbrick
Gold, silver, enamel, rock crystal, diamond, ruby and emerald oval pendant, hanging from rose diamond love trophy of Cupid's wedding torch and quiver of arrows held by a suspension loop. The centre of the rock crystal is encrusted with two rose diamond turtle doves in flight with an emerald and ruby branch of myrtle leaves and berries between them, Paris, c 1860.