Façade Scuola Grande di San Marco -- Basillica di San Giovanni e Paolo & Vicinity, Venice, Italy - The Scuola was founded in 1260 for religious and humanitarian concerns. It moved to its present location in 1437. In 1485 a fire almost completely destroyed the Gothic structure. In 1488 the Scuola Grande di San Marco hired Pietro Lombardo and his sons Tulio and Antonio to rebuild their confraternity.
Things to Do in Paris Photos | Architectural Digest | Originally built in the 17th century for Marie de Médicis, the mother of Louis XIII, the Palais du Luxembourg was transformed after the French Revolution into a legislative building, which has served, since 1958, as the seat of the French Senate.