Adele and Ferdinand Bloch-Bauer owned seven paintings by Gustav Klimt. These were appropriated by the Nazi party after Austria was annexed in 1938, and all eventually wound up in the Austrian Gallery. Sixty years after the end of WWII, five paintings were repatriated to the Bloch-Bauer heirs in January, 2006. A sixth painting is the subject of a separate legal proceeding that seeks its repatriation to the Bloch-Bauer heirs. The seventh Klimt painting will remain in the Austrian Gallery.