Streets of Alberobello, Italy. Alberobello is well known and appreciated for the characteristic trulli, ancient dry stone conical buildings, with a central plan. Most are located in the typical quarters of Monti and Aia Piccola, where they are used as houses, bars and shops, but the trulli are extended to all areas of the Murgia hills. They have been declared World Heritage by UNESCO in 1996.
Château de Milandes, in Dordogne, France - Built around 1489, it was the main house of the lords of Caumont until 1535. (scheduled via http://www.tailwindapp.com?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=twpin&utm_content=post80304185&utm_campaign=scheduler_attribution)
This large dry stone hut, with its cylindrical lower part dwindled by its tapering, bell-like roof, is a sheep shelter that was built in 1900. The base cylinder is built of a mixture of hematised sandstone blocks and limestone rubble. In the roof, the Santonian limestone tiles are built to proper courses only in the outward flaring eaves. At the apex of the roof, a towering carved limestone . . .