The Paard van Marken ("Horse of Marken") is a lighthouse on the Dutch peninsula Marken, on the IJsselmeer. It was built in 1839 by J. Valk. A primitive lighthouse had been on the location since the early 1700. The oil lamps of this first lighthouse were designed, made by painter Jan v/d Heyden. The current lighthouse is a Rijksmonument since 1970.