Medieval Fortress of Brisighella, Emilia Romagna, Italy | Originally built of gypsum rock in 1228. In the 14th century Manfredi, Lords of Faenza, built a bigger castle and 200 yrs. later the Venetians conquered it and gave the castle its present look.
The green countryside of County Kerry, Ireland, slowly reclaims a castle near the village of #Kilgarvan. Taking its present name from the Irish Cill Garbháin, or Church of St. Garbhan, Kilgarvan rests on the banks of the Roughty River, which flows into Kenmare Bay.